Hey family, thanks for all of the emails. I love reading and getting to hear some of what is going on back home. And yes I took out some money, its so I can eat better!! and it helped me on a little of my traveling but I will be reimbursed. So I sent some fotos home, this is the view out of my apartment, we live on the fifth floor. I love the view of the super ugly city. But I enjoy doing my personal study out on the balcony in the morning and being able to just look and ponder. My new area is really good, its a very strong ward that really doesn't need the help of the missionaries. Its kinda nice.... I think I was sent off to die in a very easy area. But the zone is struggling, a lot of young missionaries with really old missionaries that are dying with me. Elder Godfrey is in my zone! he lived with me in Hualqui for three cambios, he is a good friend. I'm glad he is in the zone so I don't have to feel all alone and old not knowing anyone. But he treats me like a normal person. My new companion is young, his name is Elder Strong. He has just a little over a year in the mission and feels very pressured and stressed to be a zone leader. But he is doing fine. Some time I wonder why missionaries worry so much. Very little is in our own personal power. We have an amazing bishop in our ward and he actually visits the investigators and he assigns ward members to them and to help them come to church. We had two really good noche de hogars and both of the investigators accepted baptism dates. If all goes well we should have one this week and one the next. Its weird how comfortable I am just knocking a random door or even talking to someone in the street about God. I miss you all so much, and don't worry dad there is no count down of days yet even from my friends. All I know is that I have 5 weeks left and if they go as fast as the last one did the next thing I know I'm going to be home. I'm excited to see all you so much, the toughest thing about a mission is just being away from your family and friends for so long. But hey the time is just a small part of the eternity we will have! I love you all and I can't wait to see you, and can't wait to hear from you next week.
Love Elder Matthew James Ward

