Thursday, July 28, 2011

Another Email July 25, 2011

Hey family, This week went by pretty fast, I was sick for 2 days though. I still am a little sick, its so hard to stay healthy during all of the weather changes and on top of that have to be out working in it. This week we hit our goal as a zone.. yeah.. lol not.. Personally I love the mission and enjoy working and teaching and seeing people accept the restored gospel and their lives change, but this week I got pretty fed up with some of my leaders and myself. I'm just getting so tired of the stupid numbers and how your only an "effective missionary" if your baptizing! Well that's how missionaries see it. And I have tried really hard as the time being a leader to not become one of those missionaries. I caught other missionaries getting on a missionary about numbers, and I didn't do anything. So the next day I talked with the missionary and there are a lot of problems going on. And what came to my mind was the quote by President Monson, "Don't let a problem to be solved be more important than a person to be loved."  So I tried to listen to him. I love listening. Man this week I have learned a lot we are getting a lot done here in the zone. I'm worried about cambios though, in 2 weeks I might be getting transfer. I am glad to hear everything is going OK back home. Its getting hard to email because the weeks just feel like they are mixing together. Its just all so quick and so repetitive. I want to stay who I am, Yes I want to learn and grow and serve. But I refuse to be changed into someone with the wrong desires, just to achieve. If the desire is right, go ahead change me. lol Well I'm not to exited to walk home, it just started pouring outside and I don't have an umbrella with me.!!!! I finished the temple book by Elder Packer, AWESOME! I learned a lot of really cool things. I cant wait to go to the temple. I love you all and cant wait to hear from you next week!!!
Love Elder Ward

Hey dad yeah this Thursday we have a mission conference I am excited because I hope I will be allowed to do nothing lol and just listen. It will my last conference so I will be giving my farewell testimony with 3 months left in the mission lol.. I really hope those cards come lol same with my mission card, I have been living off of nothing. lol... Dad help from the ward doesn't exist here! We do everything. We do all of the visits to all the new converts of the last 2 years, it usually takes about 6-9 months for someone to be assigned to visit them and on top of that see if the person actually does it. We did get a new ward mission leader this week and we are really excited for that. That's still way cool that your involved with the missionary work. I love you dad! Can't wait to see you in 14 weeks!!
Love Elder Ward

0 comments: