Monday, July 11, 2011

I'm Getting Tired!

Hey family this week was absolutely crazy! Talk about a fast week and a very exhausting week too. Well first off thanks so much for all the emails that you all sent me. I love hearing from all of you. And some of you I would die to hear from. So this week We did three mini cambios and I was able to get to know some of the missionaries better. Its amazing how different we all are and how sometimes people are struggling so much inside and no one knows it. I'm tired of missionaries comparing themselves. I am who I am. God called me, and I will progress different then others. Maybe faster, maybe slower. But when it comes down to it, It comes down to how devoted we are to God, and keeping our personal covenants. Other missionaries are having difficult times with their companions, and I had some good conversations with them. I love seeing people that are sad, leave being happy. I feel like that is what life is all about, or at least my life. Serving others and helping them become happy through Christ. On one mini cambio I did an interview for a woman who is about 25 I spoke with this woman for about 2 hours. Half way through the interview I felt like she was not being honest with me so I asked her and then she opened up and it came to be one of the most powerful interviews I have been able to experience. She had recently separated from her husband, because she being 4 months pregnant came home to him cheating on her. So they get in an argument and a fight. She loses the baby, next her desire to live. She already has a 3 year old daughter. And said that if it was not for her she would of done it. She would of killed her self. But she didn't, the weeks passed and the depression came. Next she found herself losing hair and every ounce of happiness was leaving her life. She told me that she decided to get down to pray, the first real time in her life.And she asks God if he exists and is she is loved by him. And if so to show her, and guide her to true happiness. She told me less than 2 minutes later two goofy gringo missionaries knocked her door. And that before she said anything a new fresh missionary who can barely speak said all he could. Good morning, we are missionaries sent from God. We share of the love that he has for you. Can we share with you? She never told them this, and didn't tell them why she let them in. But continued to listen. Even though she could not understand she said the whole time she could feel it. This woman needs the atonement of Jesus Christ. She still has more to do before being baptized but she knows she is going to do it. I had the privilege to feel the spirit work through me and guide her through the scriptures. Amazing experience. We also had a man come to church and he loved it! He said he wants to bring his family next week. Sunday night I was with Elder Hadfield. When the mission president called him to let him know that his grandmother had died. That was a tough 20 minutes me and Hadfield. I love him so much, we have been together in the mission for 7 months now as friends. Its amazing how when you become close to the savior, you can feel the pains of others. Or better said the pain that He feels for them. Or at least an ounce of it. All I know is that the atonement of Christ is real. Hadfield is amazing he went through it like a champ. Yes it was tough but he knows The plan of salvation. Today for pday we went out to the campo with a new convert family and had a bunch of fun! I even destroyed some wood! one swing I destroyed that log. And everyone said I couldn't because of the knot that was in it. !!lol I am learning a lot here on the mission and I am scared to think how little time I have left. Except I do know that Jessica does owe me 24 of her heavenly made cup cakes. One for every month that I have had to suffer with out them!! So tell her I will be expecting them when I get home!! lol I hope dad doesn't work to hard on the cars! and Jared I'm praying for you about the job! please email me! Emily get some rest!!!! I love you all the church is true!!!

Elder Matthew James Ward
PS. mom dad I finished Mosiah this week, totally going to beat you!
P-Day Fun and a Grave Yard they walk by daily











PS  mom dad I finished Mosiah this week, totally going to beat you!

0 comments: