Love Elder Ward
Monday, April 25, 2011
Hello Everyone!
Hello to everyone! I'm goin got type as fast as I can, we don't have a lot of time this pday. we didn't really have it, we went to Chillan for a consejo de lideres. Boring! lol Then for email i had to do numbers and informes, wow am I bad at them. It was really nice to receive so many emails this week, and it kinda sucks that I will not be able to respond to all of them. That's cool to hear that Melissa and Adam got to speak on Easter, Easter here they didn't even talk about Christ in the talks I wanted to punch someone. lol And don't worry mom I didn't get sick at all, everyone else in the house got better this week. I told you I would make it through it, Its getting quite tough to keep working out in the morning when its so cold! I am not looking forward to the winter. And don't worry mom and dad, they give us extra money as zone leaders. Just that this month I became a ZL 3 days after we had already received our money so I had to make it on the normal amount of money using half or more for traveling. But we do have a store called Lider near our house! I can buy peanut butter and other gringo stuff! I also bought a Root beer, first one in over a year! So here in Talca I am being blessed lol, just can not wait until I have some money man. I think everything about money is just from the devil. Our zone is doing better, we did some mini cambioa and I was able to talk to some of the missionaries. Things are getting better between companionship's as they are both starting to focus more on their companion and less on themselves. This week we received a few very weird phone calls, the first one was from an investigator that we had not seen in over a week. She was across town and very sick in her mothers home. (she is about 45) and tells us we need to come there now. So we do, and when we get there she is in the most ghetto part of town in a little tiny house. And her room is horrible so small and dirty, I felt so bad. When we started to talk, she didn't want us to turn on the light at first because she felt shameful but we still did. Then after talking for a few minutes we find out that she got really sick suddenly, has no strength and is now blind! We gave her a blessing, MIRACLE. It was not instant but within 20 min she regained her sight after 5 days with out seeing. She still is not completely better but they say she is getting better now. which is a miracle because before the doctors had no idea what was wrong. That's the first phone call. The next one is a member, they want us to get to the hospital as soon as possible. So we are like ok... Its 9 at night, there are no visiting hours after 4 pm and on top of that the hospital in Talca is Known as the Death Chamber. Its known for baby switching, and that people either come out dead or with more sicknesses or diseases than they had. But we go... and because half of it fell down in the earthquake and its the main hospital there are also a lot of police that guard it. Shoot, I felt like I was James bond mixed with a Jedi. going deeper and deeper into this crazy hospital past guards and just telling them what we were going to do and they would let us through. When we got there the member was making jokes with the other people in her room about how only the Mormon Missionaries could get through at this time at night and with no problems. It was super cool... We gave blessings and jazz, but the best part of that story is I just felt like James Bond. lol . We are also reading the New Testament as a mission and I'm loving it!!!!!!!!!!! I am learning a lot about my Savior and the more I learn the more I want to know. Even though there is so much to do and so many problems to deal with I have never been so happy in the mission. I love you all and I hope everything is going great for you guys and I will love to hear from you all next week.


0 comments:
Post a Comment