


So this week it rained and the wind blew like I never knew it could. Me and my comp we had a lot of talks this week, especially about doctrine. I refuse to teach false doctrine he got a little upset at me that I was correcting him but it needed to be done. That was an experience. We just had so many good lessons this week and so many heartbreaks. I didn't know it was possible to feel so different so many times in one day. I will only give two experiences this wee. The first, we are at investigators home.. Or a medio agua, the shack that the government gave to those who lost their homes in the terremoto. We are teaching a man and woman who have two very young daughters they are not married. The dad left for something for about 15 min the woman broke down in tears about how hard her life was all of her family has died. She is alone and lives with a man who she doesn't love, only because she cant leave him because she has no work, no home, no family. But she wants to get baptized but refuses to marry this man. Before we can reply he returns, My comp, being the great senior comp he is, looked at me and expected me to know what to say. I shared about the atonement and then set an appointment with the branch president this Sunday to speak with her personally. Because I do not have the keys or the calling to give counsel like that. But we are good now. But how sad was the experience we are the only people she trusts. Then the same day we ran into a woman named Katia we contacted her about 3 weeks ago. She didn't want a thing to do with us, but not to feel bad she has nothing against us. I said don't worry about it, or No se precupe, don't worry yourself lol your not rejecting us, as representantes de Jesu Cristo your rejecting him. She came up to us this day and told us to come share with her family because she couldn't stop thinking that she might have rejected Jesus Cristo. We go into her home and she has a family of 9 all waiting to share with us. They pricked and questioned and doubted everything we taught. I felt the spirit so strong during the lesson I never didn't know what to say, my comp might of been a little upset because I did all the talking. By the end of it they told me I had convinced them, and like any missionary knows it was the spirit so I told them that, I asked them how they felt right now, they said calm and warm (BAM in your face I wanted to say) but I taught them that what they were feeling was the spirit bearing record that what we taught was true. At the end of the lesson they said things I will never forget. One was, in the last ten years living in Longavi, Katia told us she sees missionaries almost every week but until us none of them had ever talked to her. Then her mother who was there also asked, how are you always so happy? Yesterday I saw you being hugged by a drunk man and made fun of by all his drunk friends, and you just took it, happily too. It was a great lesson, great experience. The only bad thing we can only teach them once a week, every Saturday because they all work. and want to be taught together. another thing, we taught them the godhead, they have been Catolica their whole lives and didn't even know who God is. .. Sometimes we do not know who is watching, and how we react may influence someone else in their life. I also learned how important study is, when we obtain the word and treasure it. The Holy Ghost will always bring it back to our memory when it is needed. He will guide us. I know its true. I'm doing fine so family don't worry about me. I'm still being tried with my patience and my love lol but I am learning every day. I sent letters home today too. I hope Emily is at least getting a cool dog lol.. Jared email me bum face. I love you all and I hope you are all showing each other that you love them. And next time that you are eating In-an- Out or something amazingly good, just take a second to remember that Matthew is eating beans.. Love your son and brother,
Elder Matthew James Ward


0 comments:
Post a Comment