Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A week of Miracles!

This week was amazing, we dropped all of our investigators except for one lol. The first day we had nothing to do, I was like crap what do we do. We pray, my comp was like right "here in the middle of the plaza?" I said yes- so we prayed, and I waited. I decided to take the road out to the campo and we went for a about 20 min until I felt a prompting to go left to a street with about 8 houses on it. We went to the second to last house and I was like Elder Sanchez this is it! We knocked on it and the women yelled at me with the middle finger and slammed the door. I was like crap lol.. lets knock the door next to it. We do and its a family of 9 who let us in! and is really receptive. Afterwards, my comp said 'well, Elder Ward, your almost in tune with the spirit' lol.. We prayed so much this week I seriously prayed 100 times lol. But god blessed us. I just thought to myself, Elder Ward, do you believe or not.. simple question but very powerful.We found 23 new investigators this week. Usually in the mission you find like 4 lol I am learning faith and trusting in the lord my God. We have two jovenes who are ready to be baptized they are 15 and 17 and the parents wont give permiso.. GAY. I have been reading the Book of Mormon alot, And I am learning the difference between God, and Jesus Christ. And who is our God and why, its actually really interesting. But also really new to me so some parts are hard, dad you are going to have to help me out. Saturday we hit a 4 hour gap where we had nothing! So we went contacting. We were locking up our bikes and I had a prompting to go talk to a lady in a wheelchair far off. But I didn't want to so I ignored. Then we walked to do some contacts 3 streets over, no success so I prayed in my heart, and it was like a kick to the rear from God. I already told you fool.. so I told my comp we had to go talk to a woman in a wheelchair. He was like OK.  We went and it was so awkward at first. But she let us in turns out she met with the missionaries 6 years ago, and a week before her baptism she and her husband were shot. He died and she got paralyzed. She said she was praying for the day the missionaries would come back. God is a god of miracles. Trust him, he is God. I love you all, and I miss you all so much.


Love Elder Matthew James Ward

0 comments: