Hey everyone, thanks so much for all of the emails I loved them. I really enjoyed dads email this week. So we worked really hard this week, we talked to a lot of people and walked probably more than 50 miles easily. I would probably say even double that. We did not have a baptism this week. She wants to talk with her father more about it, the rest of the family supports her but he doesn't. We are giving her 2 more weeks. She said if not with or with out his support she is going to do it on the 23. The not so cool part is I will probably not be here. So me and Elder Hadfield went out to Longavi today to say goodbye to all the people we met there. Its weird to see how fast new converts progress. Its only been a year since I've been there and a few of them have been to the temple more than once and have great callings. Its amazing to see how much we are blessed by our Heavenly Father. And to see how different peoples lives are with the restored gospel. So one more week until cambios, the last one of my mission. I'm pretty nervous, anything could happen with our mission president. Until then I am going to just work hard here. I am kinda ready not to be a zone leader anymore hahaha. I'm learning so much and growing. As I think to myself, "have I changed" I'm not sure. Most missionaries say yes but I don't know. I have learned a lot and changed a little, I for sure have grown more in the gospel in knowledge and application. But I'm pretty sure I'm the same Matt, same desires that I had from the time I read the Book of Mormon the first time when I was 17. I'm not trying to compare myself in a I'm better type of way but I think I just made a lot of those big changes in desire before the mission. I'm still the same Me. Different in somethings but I'm still me. Ive thought about it a lot the last few days hearing other missionaries about how much they have changed. I know who I am. It helps me overcome everything in my life that's difficult to me or I don't understand. I know why I'm here. Its stated so plainly in my patriarchal blessing. And the best part is I like it. Its the desires I have. And to think I received that blessing before I had those desires. That man was inspired of God. That right there should prove to me God knows me and that this is his church. I can't wait to see all of you in seven weeks and don't worry I'm still working. I love you all this email was kinda weird but its what came out of my mind. I love Chile I'm looking forward to this week its their Independence Day on the 18th. I love the mission and will work hard.
Love,
Elder Matthew James Ward


0 comments:
Post a Comment