Tuesday, August 23, 2011





Hey family and friends, thanks for all of the emails. I really do enjoy reading all about what is going on in your lives. And the time you all take to remember me and write me. So I’m glad to hear that Cody will be home on WED! That’s crazy I remember saying bye to him when he left. Strange I remember saying bye to Jared before he left and just crying lol. And to think that was four years ago. Crazy. Mom and dad have to feel old. So I heard from the office i have mail that has just been sitting there for weeks. It’s a great perk of being on the outside part of the mission. lol I enjoyed the pictures from Melissa also. It seems as if you all go to Deer Creek a lot! I could only imagine Adam on a scooter! Whose idea was that? A while back I watched a man get pegged by a truck on a scooter. So as for me here in the mission I’m still continuing to have experiences. This week I was just obsessed with studying and trying to learn. Trying to view the world around me in a different way. I would actually get really upset when personal studies were over and I am forced to stop and study with my comp lol. Cool but not as cool lol. We have been teaching a young woman who has been going to institute she is awesome should be baptized in two more weeks. Me and Elder Zepeda work really well together and teach well together, it has been four months together now. It’s going to be hard to say bye to him soon. I’m scared that I might get transferred next time. LAME a New area for six weeks. Contacting this week was really tough; I had people tell me some very rude things. And we have been teaching a less active family that I’m just in love with. It killed me to see them not come to church this week. It amazes me how Satan has so much power over the hearts of men. He twists the views of men. Telling them that providing for them temporally is so important that the man has no time and just completely neglects his family in the spiritual matters. Which are the only things of which that will last.  I am getting to know the missionaries in our zone really well. I don’t know I just love to see and listen to them. We are all so different but yet the same things make us happy. I know maybe missionaries might not always be perfect, most of the time those who are looking at them are less perfect. Missionaries are asked to do a ridiculously large amount of things. It’s tough. I’ve studied the plan of salvation a lot this week and I love it I am learning so much. It’s like things are just unfolding in front of me. I just don’t know how I would live without the knowledge that I have. But we all progress personally. This morning we had an experience, we were playing soccer... And I was on the side lines waiting for my teams turn. When a younger missionary slips on the ball and breaks his ankle, it was very bad. Of course like everything else no one knows what to do and everyone looks to me and Elder Hadfield. Elder Hadfield gets everyone calm and out of the way as I am talking to the hurt missionary and trying to get him a little more comfortable. And as Hadfield got the chapel keys for the gate so the ambulance could get in and he also was talking to the mission president and office couple about the insurance and getting the hospital ready to receive  him. I was the lucky one who got to keep him calm (the injured elder) and talk to him for the 25 minutes waiting for an ambulance to come. He is going to be fine, Hadfield accompanied him to the hospital and they got him all better now he just has a few month recovery, but he will have to go home he will be home tomorrow. I didn’t enjoy it, what annoyed me more than anything is the other Elders. Not being able to help at all and acting dumb. And especially more after, when all of their comments were about themselves, maybe not being able to play anymore, or even making fun. And it hurts man, like how can you possible see something like that and not feel for the person or his family. Especially afterwards I was just pondering on what God wanted me to learn, because things don’t happen by chance. It once again reminded me how small I am. And how even though we are the perfect creation, and have dominion over all things. We are still very mortal and weak. So it’s been an interesting pday. I’m honestly waiting for my mission to be over, so many experiences good ones and ones that I would much rather forget. Well I have interviews this Wednesday I’m excited, I hope president will tell me about the upcoming cambios. Well I love you all and don’t worry about me. I will see you all in ten weeks!!!


Elder Ward