Thursday, May 26, 2011

Miracles and Tragedies 5/16/11

This week was crazy, first of all I had the most trunky of a companion ever! I hated it. My new comp is Elder Zepeda he came in my group but I've never met him! lol So I get to train him a zone leader, even though I'm still learning myself. We were in a lesson this week with a young woman named Barbara, she wasn't sure if she wanted to get baptized or not because she came in contact with anti Mormon material from her brother in law. But we took care of it with a invite to pray about the Book of Mormon after reading a chapter. She asked for a sign And Got it! she told us a angel visited her in her sleep and told her the Book of Mormon was true. I thought it was cool, she got baptized the next day. Good baptismal service was a little stressful because i had to direct, plan and conduct everything. My comp did nothing but baptize her. We also had a crazy lesson with a woman named Olga who isn't sure about baptism because she was sick and also that it might be to quick but then we went over to her house and she had found out that she has a brain tumor. NOT GOOD. She still is not sure about baptism and her time is dwindling here on earth. Another miracle was with a woman named Patricia Super Catholic right we found her last week and she said she would listen to us once. we taught her the restoration and invited her to pray and ask if the Book of Mormon is true and if she should be baptized by someone with the priesthood authority. We came back 3 days later. HUGE CHANGE. she had had a dream every night about us, She said the lesson just kept replaying in her mind and in the last few days couldn't think of anything else. She finally read and she asked. BOOM got her answer She had a deceased family member come to her in a dream and tell her that the Book of Mormon is true and to be baptized. She is awesome I could probably tell her the sky is orange and she would believe me now lol. In here eyes I'm a messenger from God. But she is going to have huge problems with her family. I'm doing good family. I have a few more weeks of ok weather after that COLD!! NOOOOOOOOOO !!! I am learning a lot right now about the promises from God, all we have to do is complete our part. I feel great, I'm working hard, I look great just have to keep going and help my zone out too. The zone did really good this week we had 7 baptisms. I'm happy to hear things are doing good back home and I love all the emails I'm getting. I pray for you every single pray even in lessons lol. 
Love, Elder Ward