Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stressful - January 10, 2010










Hey family Its so crazy that Melissa and Adam live in Vegas again!! It feels like its been forever since the last time that I have emailed! Or had a break, seriously the last 6 weeks of my mission have been so busy I feel like I have aged 10 years. This week we had 5 baptisms, It was beautiful.  Two of them, Luis and Flor are brother sister. Their parents died and she is blind, so it was very interesting teaching her and her brother because he has a few problems himself. But we met them three weeks ago, and now they are baptized. -Miracle. Next we have Stepanie, the daughter of the woman we baptized a few weeks ago. the mom we met my 4th day in the sector and now her and one of her daughters are baptize.- miracle. Then the last one is a family that Elder Michie found one week before I got here. The two boys have read almost a third of the Book of Mormon and they love it, the mom is way into the church because it changed her life. The father we are still working on, but they have a plan to be married the first week of March. This week was so stressful once again. I hate being in charge. But man did it feel good to see the people you love and are teaching enter the waters of baptism. And also being the one to baptize them. We found a family this week, they are so awesome but we will see how it goes, but we might be planning a family baptism next month. Me and Elder Michie are staying together another cambio, we had them today and we are having another cambio. Its crazy that I am starting my 10th cambio there are only 16. I can't believe it. Something funny, in my interviews with President he told me that he was disappointed with the work I have been doing. That he sent me there to do miracles. That I am doing well but he expects more. I was flabbergasted ( not sure what that word means but I think it works) because in one cambio and we had seven baptisms. Most missionaries go a cambio with one or none. It just really confused me, also because we had a third of the missions baptisms for the month. but whatever lol I'm just going to work hard that way we can baptize next month. I feel great though, I can feel that my Heavenly Father is proud of me. oh So Elder Sanchez is getting transferred out of Longavi he is coming to Chiguayante so I will be seeing him! I'm excited. Its cool because I know like all of the Elders in my zone(no sisters)  the only bad part is all of my friends in the mission are starting to go home one by one.  I feel great, don't worry about me I'm learning and I'm seeing the way God can bless us. How real he is. I love you all and I hope to get tons of emails next week!! Let me know how you are all doing and send me pictures.

Love Elder Ward

0 comments: