Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Not like last week

This week was tough, I had to leave my sector for 3 days. Elder Sanchez had a training in Concepcion. When we came back to our sector, it was as if Satan had been let loose. A man in our branch said, " the angels who God sent to Longavi can not leave, they are who protect the people from Satan. He told us this Sunday night before we left and then Thursday morning we had a prompting to go to his home first. Police.... something had happened with their son and a debt, all of their appliances were being repo-ed we showed up as the cops were leaving. The family was grateful that we had shown up and helped them to go unto Christ during this trial, and not further away. That was just the start, every home we went to needed help. Or something bad had happened. Yes we were able to leave every home with a Priesthood blessing or a prayer but most important they were happy when we left and had been turned unto to Lord. Bad things happened even to our investigators, including Miryam. I pray that God will allow us to repair all the things that had happened. I have learned that No matter how hard we work to protect someone, or flood them with Christ or the spirit. It relies on them and their agency, faith and actions. Because you can't always be there to protect them. I have also learned that men need to learn what the Priesthood is. Yes its the authority to do ordinances and other things, blessings of health and of comfort. But it is the power to act in the name of God. Who has created all things. The priesthood can bless all things. Anything that a worthy priesthood holder comes into contact with can instantly be blessed. I think Men need to better study and understand the power of which they can access. Things are going good, I am learning more than ever, I just pray that I can become the man who I need to become to bless the lives of others, especially the lives of those I love. I love you all and we should have a baptism next Sunday.    Love Elder Ward

1 comments:

JacqueTruman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.