Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The Mission Continues

This week was sweet, my Mission President was disappointed with our numbers so he made me go on 2 exchanges 2 days in a row with the zone leaders, where they retrained my companion lol.. But afterwards I just talked with him and told him the desire I had to teach and baptize. And We got to work!!!! We worked so hard the rest of the week I felt like a missionary. They have fetias where I get much of my food because its so dang cheap. A fetia is where all the local sellers set up little stands and sell food, bootleg movies, shoes, pretty much anything you could ever think of. So I was like dude, lets make a stand yo! So we took a table and like 200 pass along cards, pamphlets of Gospel Principles and Pictures of Christ and few Libro de Mormons. And us and the other 2 missionaries walked through about half of the fetia and BAM! we made a stand in the middle of the fetia, which has like 3 to 6 hundred people chilling and walking around it. Then me and the the 3 other gringos got to work baby! WE got rejected left and right man But.... Over the hour and half we did it we got 11 return appointments with people who are interested. Yeah I don't care who you are that was effective. The only bad part was that I was ducking the whole dang time, because they have shade coverings and they are only like 5 and a half foot high lol.. Jessica didn't get baptized but will next Sunday and we had a awesome time at church. We had 8 investigators come! Including a new family we are teaching they are so interested and love to listen to me when I teach its so cool. I won't be surprised if their whole family is baptized in 3 weeks. But I have never prayed so much and so hard when they came to church. Because I wanted it to be good, man as a missionary you have to protect your investigators so much from members lol.... Especially here in Hualqui lol. and ya dad our area is small but, we have 160active members but we have 612 on the member list! In 2 weeks we are having a marathon, 5 other companionship's are coming to help and we are all splitting off with a young man.... And we are visiting all 800 members in Hualqui. That's legit our goal is to get that chapel filled and the other one built, the Church already owns land on the other side of Hualqui. This week Spanish was alot better, or Castellano lol dad and his Spanish spelling hehe about as good as mine though. I started to speak this week alot and they are actually understanding me. I can see in 2 more months the Lord blessing me with the language. Ha we bought stuff to cook hamburgers with on our awesome one stove top oven back at the house, be jealous mom. I am learning to cook wonders on that baby. That's what we are going to go do after we are done emailing. This next week is going to be cool. Alot to do and I was asked to teach the Zone this week, which is really weird because I have only been here not even a month. But I am excited I get to teach in English, and maybe I can rub off some of my crazy tall goofy looking gringo excitement onto some of the other elders. Well I love you all, Emily and Jessica its weird because I miss them alot lol... bums need to write me. Good luck with all the new ward stuff you have to do and have fun with the fantastic Vegas weather! The rain sounds sweet. The temple sounds amazing I miss the Vegas temple so much. I would love a good picture of it too. The members here are going crazy they all have big pictures of the temple in their homes. Well I love you all, be safe and don't waste to much time!
Con amor, Elder Ward

Dad,
This week I had a few really good experiences, I want to tell you one of them. We went into a home to teach, Karen and German they are about 34 and have 3 children they are the ones who came to church. On Saturday night we were teaching them and I had said very little, we had our ward mission leader with us and between him and my companion they wouldn't shut up and let me teach. The whole time the spirit was poking me in the back...ELDER WARD TEACH...ELDER WARD SAY SOMETHING TO GERMAN... and I was fighting because I wanted to obey but couldn't figure out how. At the end of the lesson my comp asked if we could end with a prayer... I said NO! lol I can't remember what I said, I said something about how I loved them and why I was here in Chile. And that we are here to offer the best gift of their lives. I testified and offered a LDM to German, he took it! They said some stuff back to me and I couldn't understand, then ward mission leader taught something we prayed and left. Afterwards my companion said that German had not been interested and was only doing it for his wife until I spoke. My comp told me German said to me that I spoke horrible but somehow my words hit him through feelings and he could understand everything that I was telling him. Then Karen told me it was the same way she felt when God answers her prayers. Then the ward mission leader taught about the spirit.... It was an amazing experience. Even though I am far from perfect, the Lord uses us and makes us capable for the work that he needs done. If only we show our dependability and willingness to serve. The church is true dad... I can't wait to see what happens with them this week. We taught them yesterday after church and they accepted a baptism date on the 14Th next month. So we got alot of teaching to do...

0 comments: