Monday, January 4, 2010

Hola Mi Familia

Chile is sweet! the plane ride here was not so fun though. So my trainer is Elder Dustin Denis From LAS VEGAS!!! hahahaha He lives over near the temple he is way cool and we relate alot. I think the lord blessed me with an awesome companion. So mom find his mom lol 8120976 that is his moms number she is studying to be a teacher to... So I'm in a place called Hualqui its not to far from Concepcion and its one of the best parts of the mission everyone who has been here for a while said that all the AP start out in Hualqui lol. Church was way cool we had 150 people at church and 5 investigators there are 4 elders for our area. Our house is pretty junky lol we live in a little apartment thingy. Ha The buses are way fun to! lol We work all day the schedule is different as a missionary here so I'm still getting used to it. We wake up at 7 and by 11 we are out working and at 1 we have lunch at a members home and then we get a nap and at 3:30 we go back out to work til 10, we work all day! lol.. The members think since I'm a huge gringo they need to feed me like a horse lol. I feel like food comes out of my eyes sometimes because they feed us so much I'm having a hard time eating it all! One man got offended but I couldn't finish!!! He made me eat 2 soups and 2 plates and a desert lol. Like on a plate its usually more rice then I'd ever want in my life lol and then not one potato but six or seven whole potatoes on one plate with mayonnaise! The potatoes are really good, plus either a huge piece of chicken or a huge piece of meat of something. We had rabbit yesterday its pretty good. Our area is pretty small because its split into two areas for the other missionaries but we walk everywhere all day lol. We were in a families home that is investigating and I had to duck to go through the doorways so the father was laughing like crzy and they had to measure me and mark my name on the wall. It was a very crazy experience saying I know barely any Spanish lol.. The Spanish is frustrating but i don't let it get me down the people are fun. I will send pictures home next week its hard to take pictures because we are only allowed a small bag because missionaries with back packs are targets lol. Ive already got used to being dirty and having no personal space but I love it here I just cant wait til I know the language, geez lol all I do is testify and contact, that's all I know but hey its enough. We are about to go lunch. We go into Concepcion for p-day, we have until six. They are taking us to their favorite place to eat, the food is amazing here its just huge huge portions, for gringos at least. lol.. oh and its weird coming from the MTC because all the men shake hands then hug then shake hands again and the women kiss your cheek lol.. Well I love you all and be safe and don't waste time lol.
Love ELDER WARD

0 comments: