Thanks so much for the emails! Its so nice to receive emails. This last week has been quite interesting. Our investigator is still good for her baptism next week and we had 2 other investigators at church it was way cool because one of them speaks English so I was able to answer all his questions. We went to a woman's home who has been baptized for 25 years and has a photo album of every missionary she has had over for lunch since! Its way cool she took one of us too. This week was weird because some days we would teach 6 or 7 lessons and some days I felt like all we did was waste the Lords time. I can't get angry with others about what they lack when I can't even change the things I want to change about myself. Well I guess we are leaving I will send few pictures real quick and email again tonight when we are back in Hualqui.
Love Elder Ward
So today has been interesting and we have got alot done, we got hair cuts and did a whole bunch of useless shopping to waste our p day lol... We did service this week and it was cleaning up a back yard and chopping wood with very little tools lol. Lets just say I really got a good work out. My companion has been out for 15 months. One night was way cool we had a neighbor that was selling Papa fritas! or fried potatoes next door, so of course I bought some on the way into our house! It was only 300 pesos (61 cents). We had a cambio this week I went to another area so the Zone Leader could go out with my companion to do a interview for baptism. It was a little crazy because I went to a new are called Chiguayante for the day and night. I was with Elder Pulver, who has been out for 3 months here in Chile almost! lol We contacted all day it was sweet since we both know very little Spanish. If I ever knew that god loves his children it was that day, seeing that me and Elder Pulver survived. lol The next day January 16 was when my senor companion and my district leader were supposed to arrive to pick me up to cambiar back at 11:30 am which is after studies and gives them 30 min to travel about a 20 min bus ride. They showed up at.... 1:30! yay lol They watched the RM so they were late. I understand having fun, but that was dumb. I was really frustrated that day, we were then late to lunch and the family was really mad since we were 35 min late. Lunch that day was disgusting lol it was pizza, Chilean pizza... Pan (bread), tomatoes, ketchup, pickles, onions, mushrooms, olives and ham... and then you microwave it. Pretty much the most awful thing I ate in my life, but I ate it with a smile and asked for seconds!!! take that.. Emily try one of those and tell me how it is!? Church was really good we only had 135 people there because of the election but we had Jessica and Rudolf there!!! and the other elders had a whole family come! Our ward is really good with welcoming to.. Rudolf speaks English so he is kinda my investigator lol I made sure to explain alot, members don't realize how hard it is. He didn't know how the hymns are to be read, whats the white table thing, who are the scary men up front and all that jazz. OH!!! the first counselor of the branch looks like Kayman, but he is a scary man, I think I would rather go in for an interview and report my mission to an Apostle than spend 10 seconds alone in a room with this man. I will get a picture with him whenever I leave this sector in a few months. So Kayman can see! His hair is the same and everything! I am really enjoying my mission so far, I just wish we could work harder, I am doing all I can and it will be so much fun to teach and baptize and show the love of God! especially when I can speak Castellano!! or Espanol, they get mad if you call it Espanol.. So I think I'm pretty much going to be forced to like soccer lol so Cody will like me more when we are all back lol... World Cup Africa 2010!!! yeah... oh elections, dad you'll like this Pinera won, and he already owns half of Chile. he owns LAN Chile, and most of the big stores. I don't even want to get into it, the members are mad, they are like we just elected our own Communist leader lol... their voting is so dumb to, if you register to vote you are then obligated to vote for life and if you don't its up to a 600,000peso fine. Remember I live off of 80,000 pesos ($162.00) a month. Things are either way cheap or way expensive! I would like another sd card to take pictures but not buying one here! No no no way, my camera here is 350,000 mil pesos that's like 700 us dollars. i had to buy a tooth brush because I'm out of the heads for mine and its getting kinda nasty. Oh mom our house is not that bad, just ask Jared you get used to it lol.. and thats cool Tyler Marchant got called to an awesome mission! Have him keep looking at my blog, and dad we had a conference the first week I was here ya six hours of straight Spanish pretty hard to stay awake! lol Well I love you all so much and Jessica and Emily and Melissa email me! I will email you next week so mom send me their addresses! or directions lol.. oh and I'm going to need more journals I'm almost done with my first one and I've only been out 3 months!
con amor, Elder Matthew James Ward


0 comments:
Post a Comment