Hello family, This week was crazy. I have had many spiritual experiences that have strengthened my testimony about this gospel. I studied differently this week and allowed the lord to take over. This week seemed to be the plan of salvation as the grand subject. People with questions, doubts and even people coming up to me to tell me something was false about the plan of salvation. I dont Understand why someone would try, it is the most doctinal supported, and scriptual supported subject. Including visions by ancient and modern day prophets. And the promise in Doctrine and Covenants 76 that we too can see the celestial glories. i say glories because yes there is more than one. I have learned alot this week especially about learning from god, allowing my own eyes to be spiritually opened to not only read but understand. And its amazing how much we can learn by observing the life around us. All things point and teach of god. Look for them, and pray to god to have the understanding to find and understand the answers. There is nothing anyone can ever say or show me to change my testimony. But what is a testimony, its a spiritual witness from the holy ghost on a gospel subject. So it is not somethin that we can lose, or something that can be taken away. We can not lose a testimony either, but our heart can be hardened and our guilt can over power our true faith in Jesus Christ. I have seen many people including returned missionaries here in chile who are members of other churches. And always it can be traced back to a sin, and a lack of faith. they still have testimonies but lacked the faith in Christ to overcome a trial. Or those who never recieved a spirtiual witness. This is the larger group. They did not recieve a witness and will not untill they become humble and do other things. But it all, All an be traced back to Faith in Jesus Christ. There is a reason why its the First principle of the gospel. This week the Hermanas baked me a cake it was really really good. The week went by really fast to be honest. We had a baptism this sunday, It was fantastic. Afterwards she thanked me for helping her find the truth and to recieve her own TESTIMONY. she has had her own spirtitual experiences about the book of mormon, Joseph Smith and more. I have come to realize why people have doubts or even attack the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ Of latter Day Saints. And it is misunderstanding. simple as that. So we got a phone call this morning saying that I am going to be a trainer, Weird because I have not even been a senior comp yet. and their are plenty of older more experienced elders that have not trained. But hey we will see how it goes. So i take a bus ride in the morning to Concepcion to get him. Mom i am fine, you worry about things at home, I am in the Hands of the Lord and you know that. A mission would not be possible if it was not so. Still no knews about landons Mission call? well i hope all is well in vegas, and i hope that your not all melting. To end my email this week, i would like to give a very simple yet powerful testimony.
That I know this church is true, its teachings, and we have a prophet to guide us. And it has been made manifest unto me by the power of god. And I can never deny it.
I love you, Elder Matthew James Ward


0 comments:
Post a Comment