Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Strange Happenings





5-17-2010
I am going to start by saying I am going to try to make this email even close to describe the events of the last week here in Hualqui. First we started off the week with a companionship inventory, alot of things where said and we are good now as a companionship. But yes I still hope I am only his comp for 4 more weeks plus maybe I can get out of Hualqui. lol This place has an ancient Mapuchi blood curse on the town, and that the Devil visits once a year to check on his servants in the world and that Hualqui is where they all meet. We got into a new house this week, we are teaching a family now but their house has evil spirits the shower turned on twice and same with the TV once during the lesson they say that they unplug it at night and the father squeezes the nozzle to the shower as hard as her can but yet every night it goes off. They see demons in their kitchen alot, they described them like the dementors off of Harry Potter. Yeah creepy huh. We Blessed their home and invited the spirit of God into their home. Man did I feel better after that, but hey we will see where it goes. Oh then a really sad experience happened. I went out one day with Elder Garey and as we were walking a man stopped his car and said Elders! so of course we came, he told us there was a woman trying to commit suicide near the river which is a 5 min walk from where we were. We ran down there and found her. A little tiny 62 year old woman who was shaking as she wanted to throw herself into the river. We got her to walk with us and we found out that she is really sad and her husband died 2 years ago, he used to take care of her and spend time with her. But now she said she had nothing to live for, we talked more about us and her, the good things in life and we asked her if we could walk her to her families house where she lived. It took 1 and half hours to walk the 300 yards to her sons house. When we got there the daughter in law was home, she wouldn't let us in, wouldn't let us give her mother in law a blessing and the part that made me most mad, wouldn't let her mother in law in the house. So we walked her to a members house and gave her a blessing and after about 30 min she felt alot better, we took her back to the sons house and he was home, he took his mom in but slammed the door on us and told us to never come back. Then we did more service this week, I chopped wood for 4 hours man I am a machine! The gloves are coming in handy thanks! It just feels so good to hit something as hard as you can and watch it destroy what you hit lol... I enjoy chopping wood alot. Then Sunday we had a man give us a story that the devil fought him in his house and tried to get him to deny the priesthood yeah creepy. I am starting to see things lol... no I'm not but its kinda creepy here with all the fog and everyone having crazy evil spirits. The other elders their investigator who just got baptized got attacked by an evil spirit had to go the hospital and everything it was bad, but the Stake President came down with the bishop gave her a blessing and they attacked back with the power of God! OK yeas this email is ridiculous but its only a little bit of the stuff that happened here in Hualqui. I make fun of it to much but people here are way serious bout it. So Jessica the girl we baptized 3 months ago, we had a lesson with her and her boy friend Felipe, and a young man came to teach with us. For a second I had to sit back and just observe, here I was in a room with four recent converts all under 25 and all members for less than 4 years. 2are getting ready for temple marriage and one to go on a mission and one sending in his papers next week. Hit me hard- Well I am out of time I love you all and I Hope you don't freak out from my email. Hey i love you guys have fun in Vegas for me!

0 comments: