Monday, March 22, 2010

Getting back to Normal!







Hola Family! How is everything back in the promise land! It's good to hear from you and thanks mom and dad for the emails they are always nice. So this week back in the Chilean jungle has been quite fast actually and I had a lot of fun. We are starting to teach a lot of our old investigators again so the work is back to normal. I will be getting a new companion tomorrow so I am very excited, he is from Peru and doesn't know English.... so I guess it's the Lords way of saying learn Spanish dummy. I'm going to miss Elder Denis, but I am way excited for change. Since the earth quake we have had a lot more attendance in church we almost have had 200. So things are looking good. Oh and Emily, horrible news, the earth broke my watch! So I'm watchless :( I have experienced two things I thought I never would in my whole life, Wednesday I was shaving and about to get in the shower... Earth quake...... Then yesterday I'm using the bathroom and.... Earth quake. For a second I thought I was going to have to run out the door with my pants down. Its already a crappy bathroom but add a earthquake and you have a death trap. We have had an interesting week here in Hualqui, me and Elder Godfrey went out to the campo way out there to invite some inactives to church we had alot of fun. Saw an Aloe Vera plant that I swear was 10 feet tall, yeah beat that Grandpa. We had berries and spoke with some crazy guys preaching the gospel with megaphones. Yes we Went and talked with them. lol I hope everything is going good back at home, and that you all show each other that you love each other. ... I am learning a lot and also learning how everything in life is just how you choose to react to it. Nothing can force you to do anything or be sad. Its the beautiful gift called agency. I made my companion slow down last night, missionaries miss one of the most beautiful experiences of life. Relaxation and allowing the lord to teach us, receiving revelation and being calm. We walked SLOW and looked at the stars. You can learn a lot from just looking up. Realizing there is a God, and wanting to know him. Reflect on your life, look at why we are here. And think of who you really are, look up at the stars and allow the Lord to teach you. It works every time. Do that, then I would like to see arguments that are good for nothing happen, they won't. Sometimes we allow things to overwhelm us to easily, and if we just stop and learned to trust God, man that would be something. I'm still working on that one. The mission continues, I am doing good and don't worry. I would love that blanket though... and more pictures in the next package..

Love Elder Ward




0 comments: