Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hey mom,dad and family! Hey don't worry its not that cold yet, take your time.. even though I would really like that blanket! lol I got the package on Thursday at the mission conference. Thank you so much I had to carry the dang thing through Chile and hold it on a bus with 40 other little Chileans all the way back to Hualqui! Yes I was standing and yes I was in a suit! lol But it was worth it, I fell in love with the Oreos and have a plan on how to make them last! My body didn't know what to do with real good food. lol Pop tarts oh my goodness! I was so excited and I loved the letters and the pictures the most. No i don't need my inhaler, I don't do anything besides walk... and walk and walk and then talk and talk and talk... I'm fine, but man do my teeth feel good with the new heads for my toothbrush. Every house we are in has the Olympics on it makes me want to watch so bad.. and it also reminds me of when Uncle Alan was over and we were were watching the Olympics and it was the same night Jared wrecked the Honda!! haha..Guess what I ride the train all the time yo!! and sometimes I even get to climb up on top of them.. lol So this last week I understood a little more but still not to much lol.. rolling the r´s I think that itself is going to take 2 years! lol jkjk Karen and German are progressing still I gave them my Gospel Principles book and they read it all in one night. Its just amazing to see how much Satan works on our investigators we have to work really hard and we have to basically protect them. I feel pretty weird right now because the Chilean man next to me is giving me a death stare. phew.. he stopped. Its just amazing me how fast its going, I dont even know Spanish that well and its going so fast.. It just is sad that by the time i\I know Spanish, i will be transferred from Hualqui.. oh well I am learning alot and starting to really feel satisfied with the work I am doing. The days that you feel like you could do more just make me so sad, because we could of.. I will work harder on learning the language, I just feel so much better the days that I open my mouth and try to speak as much as I can. Some times its very hard to be motivated and to try my hardest, but I receive alot of help from our Heavenly Father and I have learned the worth and power of prayer. Don't worry I'm not down and sad... that's not me.. Just letting you know being in a crazy country with everyone speaking Spanish isn't always a walk in the park. I'm learning how to be very strong, by being founded on what I know and love. Its just crazy how through prayer and the comfort of the holy ghost I'm never scared, just ready to work. Well I love you all and keep having fun! I should get letters off soon! I have a few hours left of pday going to get my hair cut and study!!

Love Elder Matthew James Ward

0 comments: